I have three questions regarding the Circuit Wizardry:
1. For the event, can the kids use an autoranging multimeter?
2. Can you provide a sample problem using logic gates?
3. Do the kids need to memorize the four gate truth tables?
1) Yes, though it isn't mandatory.
2) Sorry, but no examples from the supervisors. We suggest that you do a google search for examples.
3) I wouldn't say memorize. Instead, the goal is that the students should understand how the logic gates work at such a level so that they can fill out the truth table.